.quickedit{display:none;}

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Chewy and Cakey Chocolate Chip Cookies.


Hello Friends!

It's finally the weekend and I have a delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe today!  These cookies have always been a hit at the many places I have taken them (school, my husband's work, parties, etc).  They are chewy and soft on the inside, but have a light and crispy outer crust...a perfect combination.  At the wrestling tournaments that I work for my husband (see last Friday’s post), these cookies are routinely requested by all of the officials, coaches and workers, so I thought I would share the recipe with you. 

One batch makes about 35 - 40 medium-sized cookies, but I usually triple the recipe so I am sure to have enough for everyone. 



Here’s the recipe for one batch:

3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ cups butter, room temperature
1 ¼ cups sugar
1 ¼ cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Sift together all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl.  Set aside.


In a large bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar and beat until smooth.  



Beat in the eggs and vanilla until combined.


Gradually mix in the flour mixture, adding a little at a time.  



Stir in chocolate chips.  Since I made the dough on Thursday night, I wrapped it up in saran wrap and stored it in the fridge until I was ready to bake.



Drop cookies onto a cookie sheet, about two inches apart.  These cookies don’t tend to spread out as much as others.


Bake for approximately 9 - 11 minutes until the edges are golden brown.  Let cool on the baking sheet before removing them to cool completely.


Yum!


Why cake flour?  There IS a difference between the two.  Cake flour has a lower protein content than all-purpose flour.  For a complete explanation, see the link below.

Do you have a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe? If so, I would love to hear about it!

Tomorrow I will tell you all about my experience at Safe Harbor of Easton.  My grade level team and I prepared a spaghetti meal for the residents at this shelter and it was such an amazing experience.  I look forward to sharing it with you! 

Enjoy!

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment