.quickedit{display:none;}

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Fitness Center, Ice cream, Beach & Boardwalk!

Hello!  It was our second full day at the beach and we were loving it! 

I posted yesterday, but I forgot to mention our produce stand stop on the way down on Sunday.  New Jersey is known for its fresh produce, especially peaches...and that is just what we got {among other things}.  




We bought peaches, tomatoes, romaine lettuce, cantaloupe, bananas, string beans and nectarines.  They even had their own salad dressings and condiments.  



Plus fresh flowers....


Monday night, we ventured out into town for ice cream.  Based on a high recommendation, we hit the Sea Shell Ice Cream Shop for some tasty frozen treats.  Going out for ice cream is always a family favorite!



I got my favorite...chocolate and peanut butter on a sugar cone. 



I call that a great night!

Yesterday, I mixed my workout schedule up a bit and I hit the fitness center.  I'm not usually a gym kind of girl since I spend most of my time on the roads...but it's here at our resort, and I took advantage.  

Here's what I did: 

1) 10 minutes on the elliptical machine as a warm-up
2) 15 minutes on the treadmill with 5 x 1 minute bursts at 5:30-5:50 mile pace
3) Arm workout with weights
4) Assorted squats and lunges in between arm reps
5) Abs

Doing a workout like the one above was a nice change of pace to straight running, and I felt great afterwards.  Plus, it was a major sweat session!  However, I didn't have my camera or phone to take photos.  

Late morning, we hit the beach.  It was very windy and our umbrella barely wanted to stay up.  That was a bummer because I can only take so much sun.

   
For lunch, we ordered from The Crest Tavern as a change of pace from the usual sandwiches.  I ordered a Chicken Caesar Salad with the dressing on the side.  We ate our lunch by the pool, which the girls thought was pretty cool.

Last night, we hit the Boardwalk.  Although it is not a favorite past time of mine, the girls love it and we go because of them.  




Sometimes, you can find treasures amidst the craziness and that is just what I did.  I spotted a little jewelry store tucked in between the many arcades and taffy shops and it was inviting and full of fun costume jewelry.  Here is the little bobble that I picked up...


It's a fun piece that will be a great addition to any outfit.  Then, after walking quite a bit on the Boardwalk, the girls were exhausted and so were we.  It was time to call it a night.   

We have been having this discussion all week...which is better?  The pool or the beach?  What do you think?









5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post. I had been looking for something related and found your web site in the process.. I will definitely be back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it is nice to take a stroll in the beach every once in a while now, isn’t it? What’s even better is that you even got to exercise. With regards to your question, well, the pool is a lot safer. I don’t know how to explain it, but it’s just different when you are going for a swim in the beach. The sun, the sand, the atmosphere - it’s just not quite the same experience when you are in a swimming pool.

    Walter Tully

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, amazing job! This was the information I required.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles.

    ReplyDelete