.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, July 27, 2012

Run and Fun at the Boardwalk

Phew...what a day! 

Besides it being about a million degrees, it was humid and muggy today at the beach.  I began my day with an easy three mile run followed by some time in the fitness center.  



In the weight room, I did some arm moves with dumbbells and machines.  In addition, I also did some squats and lunges in between intervals to mix it up a bit. 

After my run, we spent a few hours at the pool before heading to lunch and the boardwalk.  For lunch, we stopped at this neat little place called Marvis Diner By The Sea.  




The place had a vintage vibe, with a modern feeling, if that makes any sense!  There were a ton of Greek-inspired dishes on the menu like gyros, stuffed grape leaves, Mediterranean salad, and fried feta with tomatoes.  I went with a standard classic...the Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap.    


It was quite good...the chicken was marinated and juicy, rather than dripping with a creamy dressing.  The place was a hit with the entire fam! 

As I said before, I am not a Boardwalk fan, but we promised the kids some rides and we thought that daytime would be our best bet since the lines are crazy at night.  So, that is exactly where we headed after lunch.  I tried to find every patch of shade on the pier while the girls hit the rides with a vengeance.  Here I am {old lady hat and all} with Payton.


Call me a Scrooge, but I was ready to head back to the hotel after about an hour...but the girls loved it and we created memories that will last forever.  

Last night, I took a few photos, one of our hotel sign as we walked back from getting ice cream and the other is the view of the pools from our balcony.  They light up and change colors at night.  In my opinion, the pools have been the front runner as far as entertainment for our beach week.  




Well, that about does it for today.  I am about to settle in and read my book while hoping to catch glimpses from London.  Can't wait for track and field to start!!!  

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Tracy

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment