.quickedit{display:none;}

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

3 x 2k, Cross-Country Style

I don’t know about you, but my allergies are driving me crazy!  I have been really stuffy and my throat has been sore.  Plus, lately my time is very limited to fit in quality runs.  My husband’s schedule is perpetually busy and my daughter just started her after school activities, leaving me with a small margin of time to workout.  Because of all of this, I had to run my hard workout last night, with no choice.


I met Jesse at Bicentennial Park to do some intervals and I arrived early to do a two mile warm-up since he couldn't get there until 6:45pm.  To my surprise, I felt decent on my warm-up and quickly realized that the workout may not be as bad as I thought.  

On the docket was 3 x 2k {roughly 1.25 miles} at 6:30 pace.  Here's how it went:

1st: 8:05.7 {6:29 pace}
3 minutes rest
2nd: 7:57 {6:22 pace}
3 minutes rest
3rd: 7:50 {6:17 pace}

4 x 30 second strides, each progressively getting faster on 1:15 rest

1.5 mile cool down 

Overall, I was pleased with the results.  My Achilles was holding up, I felt strong while running, and my strides at the end were fast.  By the time the workout was over it was after 8pm, so I stopped at Panera Bread for some soup and a cookie.  I was on my own for dinner so that seemed like a logical choice.  Here was the site from my computer while writing this post...


How do you make time to fit in your workouts?  It is a challenge for me and I'm sure that I'm not alone.  Have a great Wednesday! 

2 comments: