.quickedit{display:none;}

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Foodie Penpal Revealed!

Good morning and Happy Halloween!  This past month I took part in a fun little foodie penpal exchange that was put together by Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean

FPP post Foodie Penpals

Lindsay organizes these exchanges monthly, so if you are interested in participating, check her out at the link above and send her an email ASAP since penpal matches are sent out by the 5th of each month.    

First I have to say that I am jealous.  Jordana {the foodie who sent me goodies} has a Trader Joe's in her area and I do not.  All of my treats came from TJ's and I am seriously green with envy because they haven't moved into eastern PA as of yet.  This is what arrived at my doorstep...a box full of fun and tasty treats.  Check out the cute little pumpkin she included for seasonal decoration... 



So, what's in the box??
  • Zesty Nacho Kale Chips
  • The Dark Chocolate Lover's Chocolate bar with 85% Cacao -- Delicious with red wine
  • Organic, stone ground Dark Chocolate Salt & Pepper -- A traditional, Mexican-style chocolate, stone-milled in small batches.
  • Pumpkin Butter - great for this time of year!
  • Jerry's Homemade Dark Chocolate Boardwalk Crunch with marshmallows and popcorn.  Delish!
I am slowly making my way through everything.  Plus, my husband is a big fan of this program too, since he wanted to know if I will have a penpal every month. Thank you, Jordana!!!  You were an amazing penpal!

I also was assigned a penpal, and I sent her a box of goodies as well. My gal was Analisa from Texas and here is a glimpse at what she received from me...



I included some of the things that I like to eat/drink such as my favorite protein bars, a bar of dark chocolate, a bottle of Hint pomegranate water, a box of Wegman's Farro {plus recipe ideas}, organic, whole wheat animal crackers, plus some Haribo candy disks wrapped up in small packages {they are the same taste and consistency of their gummy bears}.  I also included a supplemental magazine from Wegman's that included neat little articles about food, health and wellness.   

This was a fun way to meet new foodies from across the country.  Plus, you get to try some new snacks!  For more information, you can click here and the link will take you to Lindsay's site.  

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment