.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, October 26, 2012

Loving Lately

It's been a crazy week, but I found plenty of inspirations among the roller coaster that I call life.  Despite a hurricane that could possible surge upon the east coast next week, the fall foliage has been lovely.  I couldn’t help myself when I snapped this picture of my neighbor’s trees because the colors were stunning!  The vibrant orange and yellow exploded along our street, urging passersby to stop and take in their beauty. 


I’m not one for Halloween toys and decorations, but this singing mummy had me at hello.  When the button in the foot is pressed, it belts out Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” while dancing the infamous dance.  I would love him in my house!


I have been on the lookout for a mannequin bodice to showcase some of my jewelry.  The other day, I came upon this one in a store and its black and white print inspired me.  Although, I am thinking one with a more subtle design would highlight my baubles better rather than compete with their beauty.


Earlier in the week, my class went on a field trip to a historical living farm where the people reenact what it was like to live in the 1800's.  While there, they demonstrated how the family made their own yarn from sheep's wool.  All of these vibrant colors were derived from natural items such as indigo and mustard seed.  


Finding these adorable Halloween cupcake toppers at my local discount store was a win, and I am sure the children in my daughter’s class will find their whimsical shapes and textures comical.   


Finally, an annual trip to the pumpkin patch is always a favorite in the month of October, and this one was no different.  The girls love choosing the perfect pumpkin {which they must be able to carry} and carving it later on in the night next to a cup of hot apple cider.   


Willsey was paying extra attention to any seeds that fell his way.  



What are you loving lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment