.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, January 4, 2013

Fractured Finger

This happened today.


Earlier in the afternoon, I was running a few errands on my lunch break.  As I was getting out of the car, somehow my finger got caught in the car door as it slammed shut.  Yep. Ouch.  It was quite gross and hurt like you couldn't imagine.  I did, however, proceed with my errand with my finger wrapped in a Subway napkin, but the people in T-Mobile felt sorry for me and brought out their first aid kit.  I'm thinking it was the first time they ever had to use it...

After I left, I called my friend Jolene who once had a similar experience.  She told me that the ER was in my best interest, so that's where I headed.  You know, it's pretty bad when the nurse in the emergency room remembers you from a previous visit.  

After a few x-rays and an examination, the tip of my right pointer finger had a slight fracture and I left in a splint.  Unfortunately, I have to keep this baby on for three to four weeks.  Ugh.  It doesn't even compliment my new gold watch!!  Kidding.  

I was also contemplating a run this afternoon and when asked, the physician promptly told me to take it easy and rest {at least until the bleeding and the throbbing lessens}.  Anyway, the moral of the story is...be careful when closing a car door in the wind.  You never know when your finger could get caught in the process. 




3 comments:

  1. Instructions

    http://rainydaygal.com/2011/11/01/tutorial-how-to-close-a-door-quietly/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no... three to four weeks!!!!!! You're right, your new watch doesn't go at all with that! Ha ha! I hope it feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad I was able to pick up the phone when you called...sorry about the accident:(

    ReplyDelete