.quickedit{display:none;}

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Sworkit App/Website

I am a runner through and through.  I've put myself in the mindset for so many years that no other form of exercise can compare to what I gain from my daily runs.  Cross-training and alternative workouts have always been done AFTER a run because after all, they are secondary. 

The other day I was talking to my friend {Lauretta} about this very same topic and she feels the same way.  But after a long discussion, we both agreed that there really are other options in the wide world of fitness.  

I recently came across the website/app called SworkitSworkit is a training companion that allows you to personalize a circuit workout with just a few swipes of the finger on your phone, or strikes on the keyboard if using a laptop. 

You have the flexibility to choose your time frame and the type of workout you want to complete.  There is also a yoga option for those days when stretching is on the docket.   


Last night I decided to run three miles on the roads before trying out a thirty minute, core strength workout.  The program runs on intervals, so every thirty seconds a new exercise begins.  Every few minutes, a thirty-second break is thrown in to recover.  I just did some jumping jacks or ran in place during those periods.  


Once you are finished, you can click on the "Burn" button to see how many calories were burned during the session.  I expended an estimated 170 calories on top of the few calories lost during my three mile run, which was completed in about 7:50/mile pace.   

 
Making time for strength, core or upper body work is difficult for me...especially since fitting in any exercise can be a challenge with my busy schedule.  This tool just might be a nice little addition to my training routine because it can easily be done in my home...no gym needed.

I'm off to try it again right now....I'll let you know how it goes!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment