.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, July 20, 2012

VIA Community Spotlight and Charity Event

Hello Guys!

How is everyone today on this {gloomy} Friday?   Here in Bethlehem it is rainy and 64 degrees, but I am kind of digging this weather as a change of pace from the heat.

This morning, I did an easy three and then hit Laurel's yoga core class for 75 minutes.  It felt so good!  

Let's get on to the fun stuff...yesterday was crazy!  In the afternoon, I had the chance to do a taping for RCN's Community Spotlight, a local TV show that focuses on events and organizations in the Lehigh Valley area.  For this show in particular, Via and the LVHN Marathon for Via was featured.  Here I am getting ready for the show and reviewing my script.




It was very relaxed and casual and the host, Dan Mowdy, was great with asking questions and prompting us on what to talk about next.  

Getting microphoned....




As you can see, it was like sitting and chatting in a living room.  It was a neat experience all for a good cause!


Later that night, I was one of four hosts for a Celebrity Bartender event for Via at The Apollo Grille.  For this, I served as a guest bartender and was able to chat with people about Via, what they do, and especially I was able to promote the race.  In case you missed yesterday's post, you can catch it here.  

Here I am in full bartending action!


My parents came...always the amazing supporters...


My husband, Fred!
 

Longtime friend and Moravian College Athletic Director, Scot Dapp...
 

Mark Will-Weber, my college coach...he's a legend!


I was so happy that my friends Sue and Heather showed up.  They were my room mom cohorts this past school year!


Local elite runner, Kathleen Jobes, and her adorable daughter.  We have known each other a long time!


Our good friends, Jim Wills and Ina, also stopped by to show their support for Via. 


I had such a wonderful evening and I think everyone else did too.  It warms my heart to think that those who showed up at the event, came to support Via and all of the amazing programs and services they provide for children and adults with disabilities.  I don't have a lot of free time in my life, but volunteering for Via has really made me appreciate what they do for my community.  

Again, for more information about Via, please click here.

For information about the LVHN Marathon, Half Marathon, or 5-person relay event on Sunday, September 9th, please click here.  Registration closes on August 17th at midnight.  

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Tracy


 









1 comment:

  1. Lots of people. Lots of fun. This is one successful event. Everyone was having a good time.
    Feeding the Homeless Ft. Lauderdale

    ReplyDelete